Many couples and families find themselves navigating life’s difficult situations without much support. The goal of therapy is to assist each member of the couple or family in having a voice so that they can all begin to better understand one another and learn to move forward. There may be past traumas involved, resentment, guilt, anger and misunderstandings. With the help of a neutral third party, you can begin to recognize each other’s strengths and move toward positive change.
- Include discussions about each person’s hopes
- Encourage open communication
- Clarify misunderstandings
- Help stop the cycle of blaming
- Assist you in working on past traumas, parenting, financial and work stress
- And more!
A family is defined as a group of individuals who care about each other and consider themselves a “family”. It can include parents and children, grandparents, partners, siblings, aunts, uncles, cousins or caregivers.